Seriously, I went to happy hour, got good and buzzed, put on my super sexy helmet, and the funniest thing happened. I stopped at my stop sign (being extra cautious because I'm drunk) and this guy in a heaped-up, orange, beat-up car stops(though he had no stop sign). So, i made a face and started biking through. Then his car stalls. I laugh, openly, at his humiliation and he says, "Baby, i was just trying to catch up to you." I continued to laugh at his expense and pedaled my way home. Great story, eh? Now I'm home, sweating all over the goddamn computer. It's been ages since i felt like blogging and yet, this experience immediately made me want to share.
Things are good here. I can't believe I'm gonna be married soon. I'm so fucking excited...not for the ceremony or exchange of vows or anything remotely life-changing, but for the fucking party at the brewery. All you light beer bitches better suck it up and be ready to drink some good 'ol Oregon beer. There's 6 different kinds. You've gotta find one you like. Terry, you're exempt from the bitches comment as you liked and drank Mirror Pond when you were here...come to think of it, we went to the other Bridgeport Brewery when you here. But i digress...Chrissy, that picture of you with Mattie on your belly is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Every time someone tells me a baby story, i immediately tell them a story about my nieces and nephews. Yes, I'm that asshole...
So, I guess Matt forgot to tell his Dad and stepmom and that his cousins/step-siblings(his dad married his brother's widow...think about it) were not invited to the wedding. Awkward. Apparently, his first question was, "Well, who from Mary's family is coming?" Like, I invited my 20 fucking cousins and not his extended family. Whatever...they're weird.
I'm finally feeling better...had a sore throat for what felt like forever but i think it's finally gone now.
I guess that's it...I'm being promoted at work. Gonna be the federal relations and OEW coordinator. Cool, huh? If one of you could tell me what any of that means, can you let me know? Thanks. I think I'm in over my head. But i get to go to D.C. in February and meet with Oregon's congressional delegation. Maybe I can extend my trip and take a train into Philly.
Ok, well, I need to shower...and get another beer.
Love you ladies...miss you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
John said you're a lobbyist. You're like all political and stuff. You have to like wear suits and stuff. Tell them to throw a few bucks NASA's way (again, John...).
I LOVED that story about the guy trying to catch up with you. I love even more drunk-bike-riding Mars.
Congratulations!!!! So proud of you!
Can we have 'blue-beery' when I'm there too?
Ahhh! Bluebeery, I forgot. I'm so gonna stock the vacation house with beer. God, i can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment