And we saw pictures. Matt ran out of the room screaming something about nightmares for the rest of his life. Anyway, I'm blogging. Yay!!!! I thought it was time and I've just had 2 cups of coffee so get ready for an explosion of random thought fragments from my brain. So, first things first. The house is pretty much ours for the taking. Matt and I are going to take a look at it maybe today. One small hiccup is that it's a little further than I originally thought. About 25 minutes. So, some pros and cons are: (Pros)Cheap, beautiful, big enough for all to sleep comfortably (including me). (Cons)Distance. So, here's how I'm thinking about it. I could keep looking to see if I can find something closer OR we can look at the distance issue as something we're not going to have to worry about too much since we probably won't be driving a lot except the day of the wedding and occasional trips to town. I'm sure I can find some bars in that area for the bachelorette party, as well as a grocery store close by. So, i guess, let me know what you think. I'll look at it, regardless, but want to know how you gays feel about the distance.
Ok, on to less boring topics. We got our officiant. She's an actual minister(not like Pat or me) and she's been doing weddings long enough to have a portfolio and seems very knowledgable. Her name is Rev. Leah Light (not kidding but it's "pen" name). Daddy's first words were, "A woman? Really?" It's why I love him. So, she's going to send us a script based on what we told her we wanted. Also, we're not doing a rehearsal. What'll happen is that we'll all get there (I'm thinking the guys can drive seperately with the babies(?)) and someone will escort Mom down the aisle, then the 3 of you will walk down and then Daddy and I after that. Not really to warrant a rehearsal. No partners for you or anything, either. In fact, Matt and I will be the only ones recessing at the end of the ceremony. You all can just find your beaus and kids and we'll do pictures, immediately aftewards. We'll meet and greet people at the reception. Also, Sandra offered to put together the bouquets. I know that probably sounds weird to you guys but I'd rather spend a lot of money on food and booze than flowers. I'll have a florist do my bouquet (but only because i need the professional flower for my hairdo) but otherwise, I'll leave the arranging of the flowers to Sandra and Carrie and we'll get them when we show up at the Gardens. Don't worry, I'll have the whole itinerary down :) So, I was thinking about something for wedding that's a little out of the ordinary (ordinary for the Falls family, not for other weddings I've been to). I was thinking about asking each of you do give a speech. Obviously, this is all optional, but I wanted to throw it out there. I was also going to see if mommy wanted to (probably not but just an idea). I'd like to have a larger portion of the reception devoted to the people closest to us, giving toasts. Again, don't feel obligated but I wanted to throw it out there. Ok, there's more but my coffee just kicked in so I gotta go. Look forward to the litany of comments to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
You know, at one point you called us "gays" instead of "guys". Is that the hippie in you or was it the coffee?? Anyway, I don't mind the distance thing from your apt to the house. Aren't some of us renting cars?? (I could be wrong about that.) The idea of the toasting (or roasting) of the couple at the reception is cool. The only problem I foresee is that people will say anything after having a few drinks. I wasn't sure if you were thinking about asking just a few people or handing the mic over to anyone and/or everyone. Your plans seem to be coming together and they all sound good to me! And to the other bridemaids...check out newport-news.com for dresses--very pretty and very in-expensive.
Ok - cool. And ya know, DeeDee, not all hippies are gay. And now that I think about it, I didn't think coffee made you gay either. I guess things are different in MD?? It was an honest slip that Chrissy is about to jump all over. But, to answer your question, no, we're not handing the mic to just anyone. It'll be you 3 (if you want), the 2 groomsmen and we'll ask Matt's sisters and his Dad. I know it sounds like a lot of people but I really like it(how often do you get to hear how awesome you are:) and since we're forgoing a lot of traditional elements (like not being officially introduced) I figured it was ok. Besides, Chrissy said I could do whatever I wanted.
Oh, I'm all over that one... though I'm drawing a blank, like when Ross walked in the kitchen with the leather pants and Chandler was overwhelmed at the number of jokes he could make... kinda like that.
Anyways, Beth, don't discourage her from letting people talk with the mic. I have one word for you: Bribery.
Anyways, are we supposed to get bridesmaids dresses? Or are we jut dressing up fancy? Or do you want us to be in certain/the same colors? What the dileo?
As one of the gays, your plan sounds just fine. I will wear what you want me to and speak into a mic if you want me to, with pleasure :)
Um, the mucus plug thing sent me into hysterics... And I didn't get the opportunity to experience the beauty of it the last time, so here's hoping...
As far as the distance goes, if it's 15 min or 25 min in the car, does it really make that big a difference? I think, barring some weird shit you see when you visit it, we should get the house asap. Again, mom said she'd send you a check whenever.
Yeah -i guess I've been pretty vague about the whole bridesmaid thing. Sorry. At first I was waiting to see what Matt wanted to do about groomsmen but then I just made him pick his 2 best friends and all is decided. If you guys want to coordinate some colors or anything, that'd be fine with me but I've got no color scheme. We're not planning on any decorations at the Gardens(it's just unecessary) and minimal at best at the brewery. We're simple people here :) I'm going to make an appointment to get my hair done but SS and DeeDee said they're not so what about you MTB?
I thought I had told you I'd be interested to get my hair done w/ you...I don't remember, but anyway count me in on that!
Any chance I can get someone to do my hair I take. PUt me down for a 'do.
Oooh... so I can wear something slutty? That would be funny. I would be a slutty mom.
Oooohh... Terry and Beth you should do the same thing. We'll be slutty bridesmaids in the Garden.
Well now I feel like i should get my hair done too! Sign me up... And I can't even think about what I'm going to wear right now. I'll let you know in the spring...
Slutty moms! Now it's a theme wedding!!!!
YAY!!! Girl time. Ok - well I'm going to check out a place in March to have a trial run on my hair and if I like them, I'll sign us up. OH MY GOD!! I'm getting married!!! Woohoo! YAY!!!
Post a Comment