Hi ladies - Wow - I feel like it's been awhile since I talked to you. Hope you're all doin well...recovering from vacations and glucose tests and whatnot :) Things here are going well. I'm so into this election right now - watching CNN more than I ever have. A big part of me wants it all to be over but I'm loving the drama. There's always something outrageous to talk about. Anyone watch SNL?
Anywho - so, Matt and I bought an IPOD this past weekend. Can you believe it?!?! I'm so excited. I have no idea how to use it or how to download music but it'll fun to learn (yes, I am way behind the times). I think you all know by now that the whole reason behind buying the IPOD is to use it at the wedding in lieu of a DJ. So, I'm writing to ask your help in putting together our wedding soundtrack. It'll be broken up into segments, i.e. cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing (including my dance with Matt and with Dad). I need your help mostly with the dancing segment. Gimme some songs.
Other things we're figuring out is booking an officiant and figuring out if we want to write our own vows. I want to but I think Matt would crap his pants...so I might not make him. His job right now is to find us some music for the ceremony. We have some ideas but I hesitate in telling you, for fear of incessant mockery.
I'm also putting together my Halloween costume which is Ripley from Aliens. I'm basically imitiating her in the scene at the end when she goes after Newt and she's all badass. I've been looking into renting a flame thrower and pulse gun but the salespeople always give me weird looks when I ask. Stupid liberal pansies. Matt wanted to do something easy this year, so he's going to go as someone with an alien busting out of his chest. I'll send pictures.
Ok - I guess that's it. Love you all.
PS - So, Beth, you're going to Chincoteague this weekend? Have fun. Oh wait - that post is dated August 8th. Huh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I Want Your Sex and Back That Ass Up are two of my wedding faves.
Of course you have to have Terry and Pat's song, mine and John's song and Beth and Travis's song -- although she never posts, so you wouldn't have to have hers. Just mine and Terry's.
Oh and Rock With You. Michael Jackson's all-time best song.
And PLEASE let us mock you!!! It's so fun!!!
You can't really be serious about those songs?!?!? There's gonna be little kids and parents there. What if Dad's out there dancing and then all of sudden someone's telling him to "back that ass up?" Lordy, I can see it now. 'Rock with You' is on the list. Oh yeah -I picked a song for Daddy and I to dance to, 'Lullabye' by Billy Joel. I really know how to pick some tear jerkers, don't I? And fine, let the mockery begin but I stand by this - we're going to hire an accordion player for the ceremony. Matt's super excited. When I told mom, she initially thought I meant that we were getting a polka band for the reception. I actually think she was pissed off :) So after going through that, I think she's ok with the ceremony music choice.
ha ha ha ha
An ACCORDION!!!! I can totally see the beer steins and Bavarian pretzels!!!
Okay so now I know exactly what to wear - a mini apron dress and braids!
Don't forget your bikini underwear for your Ripley costume!
I'm going to start a list of songs for you. Why would I be able to think of any right now? I'm sure Meg will want to hear "Rock a Bye your Bear" by the Wiggles, so go ahead and add that to the list.
THank you for letting us mock you. I really needed it.
Post a Comment