Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Shark Week!!!!

Best week ever, isn't it? Actually, i must express my disappointment in the line up this year. One Mythbusters and one Dirty jobs - they already did that! Also, there are 2 encore nights during the week and a 'best of' episode. What the shit is that? I'll tell you what the shit that is...it's lazy, people.
Ok, I'm stopping the Shark Week rant to rant about something else. Sandra just called in the middle of my blogging and this girl is gettin outta hand. Her family is outrageous. I shit you not, they are spending about $60,000 on this wedding - she's getting fake eyelashes and a weird collagen lip gloss thing to puff up her lips. It's not even going to look like her! And now, out of the blue, her very interfering mother wants a copy of the ceremony as soon as possible so she can make it all pretty and put it in a pretty book with lots of pretty wedding decorations and the whole thing'll cost $100. I thought I'd have complete control of the one thing that I, and only I need. NO ONE ELSE GOD DAMN NEEDS IT. I guess the "book" or whatever it is I choose would be something I pull from a goddamn dumpster, right? And Sandra kept asking me - "Is the ceremony going to be done this weekend?" Last night was the first friggin night she sat down with me to go over exactly what she wants in about 3 months. All she had to do was pick a bunch of readings from a book...the part I have to do this weekend is WRITE the friggin homily AND the introduction since she can't write. You know whatIi said to Matt earlier? If my family was shelling out $60,000 you can better believe I'm getting married in Ireland or something - not a friggin country club. What a waste of money!! At least have some over-the-top theme wedding - like a Renaissance wedding or a shark theme wedding. But a country club???? No!
Ok - well now, I'm in a foul mood and the blog is much too long already. I'll write more this week about the wedding we went to last weekend (beautiful - outdoors - picnic). Love you guys.

1 comment:

Tcro said...

I agree about Shark Week - I was disappointed too! Don't worry, the wedding will be over before you know it, and I'm sure you'll have some great stories to tell when all is said and done :)